pragmatic bootstrapping

Chiat, Shula Shula.Chiat.1 at city.ac.uk
Thu Apr 14 16:39:40 UTC 2011

Dear Anat

Good to have met you in Montreal! I am finally getting round to sending you the paper I mentioned which alludes to pragmatic difficulties as a possible source of language impairment in children (though not the source of all language impairment!) in case this is of interest to you. I developed the thinking and evidence further in one section of my book 'Understanding children with language problems', published back in 2000. I could send you a copy of this if you're interested and can't easily access the book.

Maybe we will meet up in Montreal again in July?!

Best wishes

Shula

Shula Chiat
Department of Language & Communication Science
City University London