Information about phonological processes in non-word repetition task

Suzan anasusana_m at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 23 03:47:18 UTC 2011

Thanks to all for helping, everything you sent me has been of lot of
help. Here is the summary of your answers:

Ignacio Moreno-Torres, form Universidad de Málaga (España):

Carter, A.K., Dillon, C.M. & Pisoni, D.B. (2002). Imitation of
nonwords by
hearing impaired children with cochlear implants: Suprasegmental
analyses.
Clinical Linguistics & Phonetics, 16, 619-638.

Cleary, M., Dillon, C., & Pisoni, D. (2002). Imitation of nonwords by
deaf
children after cochlear implantation: Preliminary findings. Annals of
Otology, Rhinology, and Laryngology 111: 91-96.

Marshall Cloe:

Marshall, C. R. & van der Lely, H. K. J. (2009). Effects of word
position and stress on onset cluster production: Evidence from typical
development, SLI and dyslexia. Language, 85, 39-57.
Marshall, C. R., Harris, J. & van der Lely, H. K. J. (2003). The
nature of phonological representations in children with Grammatical-
Specific Language Impairment (G-SLI). In D. Hall, T. Markopoulos, A.
Salamoura & S. Skoufaki (eds.) Proceedings of the University of
Cambridge First Postgraduate Conference in Language Research, 1,
511-517.
Marshall, C. R., Ebbels, S., Harris, J. & van der Lely, H. K. J.
(2002). Investigating the impact of prosodic complexity on the speech
of children with Specific Language Impairment. In R. Vermeulen & A.
Neeleman, (eds.) UCL Working Papers in Linguistics, 14, 43-68.
GALLON, NICHOLA, JOHN HARRIS and HEATHER VAN DER LELY. 2007. Nonword
repetition: An investigation of phonological complexity in children
with Grammatical-SLI. Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics 21.435-455.

These works focus on syllabic and foot level structure. Interesting,
analagous simplification errors occur in non-word repetition in a
different modality, in British Sign Language:
Mann, W., Marshall, C. R., Mason, K. & Morgan, G. (2010). The
acquisition of sign language: The impact of phonetic complexity on
phonology. Language Learning and Development, 6, 60-86.

And Katherine Demuth recomended me work by Storkel; Edwards, Munson&
Beckman; Kirk; Kirk& Demuth;
Zamuner, etc.