Dense corpora

marilyn vihman marilyn.vihman at york.ac.uk
Tue Apr 26 09:15:40 UTC 2011

Dear Hao Wang,

There is one Estonian dense corpus (collected by Maigi Vija), at age 2
and also 3 (6 weeks of one-hour recordings, 5 days per week,
transcribed, coded and submitted to CHILDES), but I don't believe it
has yet been glossed with the English, although there was talk of
doing that.

-marilyn vihman

On 26 Apr 2011, at 08:06, Hao Wang wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a PhD student at the University of Southern California working
> on the acquisition of functional categories for my dissertation. I
> am trying to find some dense naturalistic longitudinal corpora of
> children before 3 years old. I read all available CHILDES documents
> and what I have found are Thomas (UK English) and Leo (German). Are
> there any other corpora that contain relatively dense samples (more
> than one or two hours per week)?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Regards,
> Hao Wang
> --
> Graduate Student
> Department of Psychology
> University of Southern California

> .

Marilyn M. Vihman
Professor, Language and Linguistic Science
V/C/210, 2nd Floor, Block C, Vanbrugh College
University of York
Heslington
York YO10 5DD
tel 01904 433612