Dense corpora

Anthony Goodwin anthony.goodwin at uconn.edu
Wed Apr 27 14:06:57 UTC 2011

The last one should actually be Deb Roy. In addition to his own child's
data, he also has the ongoing Speechome project, but I think it will be a
while before either corpus is completely transcribed.

> Thank everyone who replied. Here is a quick summary of the dense corpora
that now I am aware of.
> Available on CHILDES
> Estonian by Maigi Vija
> at age 2 and also 3 (6 weeks of one-hour recordings, 5 days per week
Naima in the Providence Corpus
> about 1.5 hrs. a week from around 1;4 years until around 3.
> Thomas (UK English)
> Five one-hour sessions per week, from 2 to 3.
> Lara (UK English)
> 1;9 to 3;3, 119 hours and 50 mins, 48,940 child utterances,
> 80,397 mother utterances, 13,767 father utterances
> Leo (German)
> Anne and Aran in Manchester corpus also have fair large number of
utterances
> anne 1;10.07-2;9.10, 19868 child utterances, 36220 mother utterances
aran 1;11.12-2;10.28, 17111 child utterances, 34487 mother utterances
Others
> Orit Ashkenazi from Tel aviv university
> 2 Hebrew speaking toddlers 1;8-2;3 which is being coded and analyzed.
Deb Patel at MIT media lab