adult-to-adult conversations in digital format?

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Mon Aug 8 15:11:15 UTC 2011

Dear Aliyah,

    You are right that a great deal of older recording of adult-adult conversations failed to use video. This is slowly changing.  A great example of the new wave is the SamtaleBank corpus of adult Danish created by Johannes Wagner within the context of the DK-CLARIN project.  Creating parallel corpora for other languages should be a goal for the future.  There are video corpora of the required type in the CA community, but people in that community have been reticent to share the relevant data. Another possible source of such data could be public broadcasting networks, if they could be convinced to open up data from talk shows and such.

-- Brian MacWhinney