Exposure to native language questionnaire

Sharon Armon-Lotem sharon.armonlotem at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 04:57:37 UTC 2011

Dear Pascale,

COST Action IS0804 "Language Impairment in Multilingual Society" has
developed such questionnaires based on the work of Johanne Paradis and
others. As a member of the Action you have access to all this information
and you are welcome to use it.

Please visit the Action webpage www.bi-sli.org

Best wishes

Sharon

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Pascale Engel <pascaleengel at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> Dear Info – CHILDES,
>
> I am running a study in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg involving
> bilingual Portuguese speaking immigrant children. I am particularly
> interested to know whether the amount and/or the quality of the
> exposure to the native language in the home affects a) children's
> performance in their first language Portuguese and b) children’s
> performance in their second language Luxembourgish.
>
> Ideally I would like to use some sort of questionnaire that I could
> give to parents to get an idea of the amount and the quality of
> exposure to the native language in the home. I am not aware of any
> existing questionnaire but before designing something from scratch I
> thought I would ask the Group for some feed-back. Any suggestions are
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Many thanks in advance
>

> ---------------------------------------
> Pascale Engel de Abreu - PhD
>
> Postdoctoral Research Fellow
> University of Luxembourg - EMACS
> B.P.2 L-7201 Walferdange
> G.D. de Luxembourg

 Dr. Sharon Armon-Lotem, Chair
The Department of English
Tel: +972 3 5318236
The Gonda Multidisciplinary Brain Research Center
Tel: +972 3 5317159
Bar Ilan University
Ramat Gan, Israel