International Association for the Study of Child Language: Call to host the 2017 Congress

Ludovica Serratrice Serratrice at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Feb 28 15:23:17 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues,

The IASCL Congress meets every three years in July.  This year it is
in Montreal and in 2014 it will be in Amsterdam.  We are now issuing a
call for the 2017 Congress, for which preliminary submissions should
be made to me by May 1st.  Anyone interested is strongly encouraged to
contact me (lieven at eva.mpg.de) for informal discussions in advance.
Submissions will be forwarded to the Business Meeting of IASCL which
will take place during the 2014 congress.  An in principle decision
will be made then.

Requirements are as follows:
1.	Local organiser(s) who work in the field of Child Language
development and/or closely allied fields.
2.	Capacity for 600- 800 (or upward) attendees: one hall large enough
to accommodate this number and rooms for at least 10 parallel
sessions  plus posters, organiser space etc.
3.	Previous Congresses have been held in Tokyo, Japan (1978),
Vancouver, Canada (1981), Austin, U. S. A. (1984), Lund, Sweden
(1987), Budapest, Hungary (1990), Trieste, Italy (1993), Istanbul,
Turkey (1996), San Sebastián, Spain (1999), Madison, USA (2002),
Berlin, Germany (2005) and Edinburgh, Scotland (2008).

Elena Lieven
President