Frequency and AoA norms

Cristina McKean cristina.mckean at newcastle.ac.uk
Wed Jul 13 12:59:22 UTC 2011

Morrison Chappell and Ellis have some experimentally derived (rather than adult estimated) ones for nouns but they are a limited subset and British English.

Morrison, C. M., Chappell, T. D., & Ellis, A. W. (1997). Age of acquisition norms for a large data set of object names and their relation to adult estimates and other variables. The Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 50A(3), 528-559.
The verb paper below is adult ratings......

Morrison, C. M., Hirsh, K. W., & Duggan, G. B. (2003). Age of acquisition, ageing, and verb production: normative and experimental data. Quarterly Journal Of Experimental Psychology Section A-Human Experimental Psychology, 56(4), 705-730.

And I know there are MANY other sources for AoA based on adult estimates......e.g. Hans Stadthagen-Gonzalez and Colin J. Davis

Good luck
Cristina

Dr Cristina McKean | Lecturer in Speech and Language Pathology |(Developmental Speech and Language Disorders) | Speech and Language Sciences Section |School of Education Communication and Language Sciences |Room 2.18a |King George VI Building |Newcastle University | Queen Victoria Rd |NE1 7RU | 0191 222 6528

CPD for SLTs & Allied Professionals: Accredited, advanced modules in Professional Practice www.ncl.ac.uk/ecls/sltcpd<http://www.ncl.ac.uk/ecls/sltcpd>

For information about the MSc in Evidence Based Practice in Communication Disorders go to http://www.ncl.ac.uk/ecls/ebpcd