IASCL 2011: updates and preliminary program schedule

IASCL Child Language Bulletin Editor editor.iascl.clbulletin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 06:17:36 UTC 2011

***message on behalf of Henri Cohen***

Dear Colleagues,

A few more weeks and we'll have the pleasure of welcoming all of you
in Montreal. The scientific program of this 12th IASCL meeting offers
rich and varied presentations on many aspects of language acquisition
and performance. There are 62 symposia and close to 360 posters that
will be offered to the participants, promising exciting and
scintillating discussions. This year, in addition to our distinguished
invited speakers, we'll also be treated to four oral student
presentations on the last day of the conference.

There will be a cocktail reception on the opening evening, followed by
the first guest lecture (Prof. Fred Genesee, Mc Gill University).
There is now an almost final schedule of symposium and poster sessions
for your perusal. If you are a presenter (symposium or poster),
please, check that you are correctly listed in the program.

Preliminary program schedule:
http://www.iascl2011.org/scientific.php

As you will note, there are 7-8 symposium presentations during each
session. We have made an effort to avoid parallel presentations
dealing with similar or closely related topics. However, we have
received a large number of requests (from nearly every symposium
convener:-) that constrain the symposium schedule. We are still
working on answering every request -- so, expect a couple of changes
within the next few days.

This IASCL congress will also provide a great opportunity to meet with
colleagues, students and reinforce or develop networks, as we are
expecting around 600 participants. I invite you to visit the
conference web site and learn about the conference venue, as well as
important details about city life around the university and in
Montreal. As you may know, the city is abuzz with festivals and we'll
be, literally, in the midst of several popular events.

I hope that you are as excited as I am about this coming meeting. We
are all very much looking forward to welcoming you in Montreal, this
July.

Best wishes,

Henri Cohen
www.iascl2011.org