McArthur Bates CDI for Somali?

Katie Alcock k.j.alcock at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Mar 28 09:39:06 UTC 2011

I think I can definitively say it hasn't - I know of most adaptations from
sub-Saharan Africa and so far I think they are all Bantu. A former student
of mine is working on some West African languages at the moment.

(Incidentally, I don't know how this particular list works, but I have a
nasty feeling that if you start with a message on topic A, leave the
original message but change the subject field to topic B, it's going to be
indexed online as topic A still, which appears to have been "pragmatic
bootstrapping".)

Katie Alcock

Katie Alcock, DPhil, CPsychol
Lecturer