new Dutch narrative corpus

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Thu Mar 31 16:20:17 UTC 2011

Dear Info-CHILDES,

    I am pleased to announce the addition to CHILDES of a new corpus of narrative data from Dutch.  This corpus, called Asymmetries, has been contributed by Petra Hendriks, Charlotte Koster, and Sanne Kuiper.  The CK corpus of data from normal participants includes child, adult, and elderly participants describing four six-picture story sequences.  Some time next year we will also add the SK corpus of data from children with ASD and ADHD.  Audio is available, but it is not yet linked to the transcripts.  Many thanks to Charlotte, Petra and Sanna for the contribution of this interesting corpus.

-- Brian MacWhinney