Faculty Position in Developmental Psychology at Boston University

Tager-Flusberg, Helen B htagerf at bu.edu
Mon Oct 10 18:41:43 UTC 2011

The Department of Psychology at Boston University invites applicants for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level in the area of DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY, to begin in the academic year 2012-13.  This position is affiliated with our new program in Developmental Science, and is part of a general expansion in the department in the broad area of childhood and adolescence.  We are seeking candidates with a doctorate in developmental psychology, whose research focuses on early moral/social development or language/cognitive development.  We are especially interested in applicants whose work complements the current strengths of our program. The successful candidate will be expected to teach 3 courses per year and engage in research training at both the undergraduate and graduate level.  Courses could include Introductory Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Social development, Moral development, Social psychology, Developmental psychology.  Salary will be commensurate with experience.   Applicants should provide a curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching experience and interests, a statement of research interests, copies of representative scholarly papers, and three letters of reference.  Boston University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.  The deadline for applications is November 1st, 2011.  Inquiries may be directed to Julie McCann, Psychology Department, Boston University, 64 Cummington Street, Boston, MA  02215.  Applications will only be accepted through AcademicJobsOnline.org.