Faculty positions at Georgia State University

Maryann Romski mromski at gsu.edu
Tue Oct 25 21:41:35 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues; It appears that the content of my original email did not go through. I am resending it. Please share. Thanks in advance, MaryAnn

Language and Literacy Positions at Georgia State University
Georgia State University (www.gsu.edu) invites applications for up to two anticipated
tenure-track Open Rank (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor) faculty positions to
contribute to its funded initiative: Research on the Challenges of Acquiring Language
and Literacy. These anticipated positions are part of a major new initiative to enhance
existing strengths in language and literacy at Georgia State. The focus of this initiative is
research with children and adults, with or without disabilities, who face challenges in
acquiring language and literacy. In this university-funded initiative, more than 40 faculty
members from 10 departments in the Colleges of Arts & Sciences and Education come
together to engage in interdisciplinary research.
We encourage applicants whose program of research addresses basic or applied,
conceptual or methodological issues concerning challenges in the acquisition of language
and literacy with a particular interest in intervention research.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree in one of the disciplines, including, but not limited
to, communication disorders, psychology, educational psychology, or special education.
Appointment will be made to a department in accordance to the individual's degree and
area of expertise. Successful applicants will be individuals who are prepared to take
advantage of the interdisciplinary collaborative research opportunities available within
the Language & Literacy Program, have a strong record of programmatic research, obtain
external grant support, and have a commitment to and experience in the instruction of
undergraduate and graduate students. We are particularly interested in applicants whose
research programs compliment other faculty within this initiative (www.researchlanglit.gsu.edu).
Inquiries may be made to Dr. Rose Sevcik (rsevcik at gsu.edu) or Dr. Paul Alberto
(palberto at gsu.edu). Submit curriculum vitae, a brief statement of professional goals and
research interests, evidence related to teaching interests and effectiveness, and the names
and three letters of reference either electronically to Keneé Stephens at
kstephens at gsu.edu, with the subject line "Language & Literacy Faculty Search", or by
mail to Attn. Ms. Keneé Stephens, Georgia State University, Language & Literacy
Initiative, P.O. Box 5010, Atlanta, GA 30302-5010, USA. The review of applications
will begin October 15, 2011 and will continue until positions are filled contingent on
available funding.
An offer of employment will be conditional on background verification. Georgia State
University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women and minorities
are especially encouraged to apply.