phonetic symbols in Word For Mac 2011

Yvan Rose yrose at mun.ca
Tue Apr 10 23:14:16 UTC 2012

Dear Caroline,
I am not sure whether you can 'fix' Word, as my experience with it is limited. However, I offer two nice solutions below which you may want to explore:

1) Brian Hall's IPA Palette, a nice (free) IPA input utility, available through CHILDES and described at the following address:

	http://childes.psy.cmu.edu/tools/unimac.html

2) PopChar, an excellent (paid) application to insert symbols from any of the fonts installed on your system, whichever the application you are using:

	http://www.ergonis.com/products/popcharx/

I hope you find (some of) this useful.

With best regards,
Yvan