phonetic symbols in Word For Mac 2011

Sebastian Sauppe sebastian.sauppe at mpi.nl
Wed Apr 11 15:05:17 UTC 2012

Dear Caroline,

to paste IPA symbols to Word you could also either use one of the
numerous other online IPA keyboards (like http://ipa.typeit.org/ which
also offers Doulos SIL as a font) or use the Mac's Character Viewer
(enable it by checking the relevant box in System Preferences >
Language & Text > Input Sources) where you find the IPA symbols and
even a list of which of your installed fonts contain the selected
symbol. You can just drag and drop the symbols to Word to insert them.
However, the quickest (and in the end the most convenient) solution
would be to use an IPA keyboard on your Mac, the one by SIL is quite
good: http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?item_id=ipa-sil_keyboard.

Best regards,
Sebastian