exposure to other cultures/languages

Laura Morett lmorett at ucsc.edu
Mon Jan 9 00:19:25 UTC 2012

Hi Jen,
In terms of questionnaires designed to measure bilingual language
exposure, I'm aware of the LEAP-Q (Marian, Blumenfeld, & Kaushanskaya
(2007) and a similar measure used by Bosch and Sebastian-Galles
(2001).  The former is intended for use with adult bilinguals, and is
normed.  The latter is intended for use with parents of infants and
young children, but is not normed.  I'm including the references
below. I'm not aware of any questionnaires intended to measure
exposure to culture.

Salutations from Pittsburgh!

Laura

Bosch, L., & Sebastián-Gallés,N. (2001). Evidence of Early Language
Discrimination Abilities in Infants From Bilingual Environments.
Infancy, 2, 29-49.

The Language Experience and Proficiency Questionnaire (LEAP-Q):
Assessing Language Profiles in Bilinguals and Multilinguals.  Journal
of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 50, 940-967.

--
Laura M. Morett
Ph.D. Candidate, Dept. of Psychology, UCSC

Current address:
Department of Psychology
University of Pittsburgh
3413 Sennott Square