Relationship between Play and Language

Susan Ervin-Tripp ervintripp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 00:18:46 UTC 2012

Ervin-Tripp, S. M. (1991). Play in language development. In Scales, B., Almy, A., Almy, M., Nicolopoulou, A., & Ervin-Tripp, S. M. (Eds), Play and the social context of development in early care and education. New York: Columbia Teachers College, pp. 84-98.

Ervin-Tripp, S. M. (1986). Activity types and the structure of talk in second language learning. I n Fishman, J. (Ed.), The Fergusonian impact: Papers in honor of the 65th birthday of C.A. Ferguson. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter, vol. 1.

Ervin-Tripp, S.M. (2000) Studying conversation: How to get natural peer interaction . In Lise Menn & Nan Bernstein Ratner, (eds.) Methods for Studying Language Production. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates

 These papers are online at http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~ervintrp

(I apologize for not noticing a personal note was sent to all. I hope the editors deleted it.)

Susan Ervin-Tripp