Professor of/Reader in Developmental or Cognitive Psychology at the University of Kent (x5 posts)

Kirsten Abbot-Smith K.Abbot-Smith at kent.ac.uk
Tue Jul 24 08:55:39 UTC 2012

To help entice you, at the University of Kent we have newly renovated developmental labs which include a Tobii X120 eye-tracker. We also have a database of parents willing to accompany their children to us for testing.
All applications need to be via this website: http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AEU839/professor-of-reader-in-psychology-various-disciplines-x5-posts . However, Erika Nurmsoo and I would be more than happy to answer any personal queries via email or phone.
Here is more about us: http://www.kent.ac.uk/psychology/childdevelopmentunit/
Professor of/Reader in Psychology (various disciplines - x5 posts)
University of Kent - School of Psychology
The Role
The School of Psychology is seeking to appoint 5 Professors/Readers in the School's key areas of research:

  *   Social and Organisational Psychology
  *   Cognitive Psychology
  *   Forensic Psychology
  *   Developmental Psychology
to further strengthen the School's research profile for the REF 2014 and beyond; to provide research, teaching, and strategic and operational leadership; and to make an outstanding research contribution to the School.
The Person
You will hold a PhD or equivalent in Psychology or a cognate discipline and have successful completion of world-leading and internationally excellent research including publication in refereed academic journals and obtaining research grants.
Supervision of PhD students to successful completion along with teaching skills appropriate to higher education at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels is also essential to these positions.
Research leadership and research management skills are also a requirement of these posts.
For full details of the role and person specification, please click on the job description link below.
The Department
In recent years, the School has made significant investments in its research capacity and strengths, both in terms of faculty and equipment. Since 2001, the School has doubled in size. We currently have an establishment of 35 academic staff, 15 support staff, 5 independently funded research staff and 43 PhD students. Our annual student intake includes 90 students at Master's level. We have Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) recognition for all our Master's programmes and BPS accreditation for our MSc programme Forensic Psychology. Kent's School of Psychology is also part of the ESRC South East Doctoral Training Centre (DTC), and therefore offers studentships to fund either (1+3) or (+3) research, as well as other scholarships offered by the School and University.
The School of Psychology at the University of Kent has established itself as a leading centre of research and teaching in theoretical and applied psychology and has a commitment to excellence in scientific research with a concern for problems of contemporary relevance focusing on four key areas: Social Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Forensic Psychology and Developmental Psychology.
Further details can be found at: www.kent.ac.uk/psychology<http://www.kent.ac.uk/psychology>
Further Information
Closing date for applications: This position will close once sufficient applications have been received
Interviews are to be held: Date to be confirmed
If you require further information regarding the post or application process please contact Louise Barlow at l.j.barlow at kent.ac.uk<mailto:l.j.barlow at kent.ac.uk>. Please note applications sent via email cannot be considered.