transitive verbs and 8-year-olds

Roberta Golinkoff Roberta at udel.edu
Wed Jun 6 17:19:58 UTC 2012

Look at paper by Masterson et al. in Journal of Child Language for a start
with younger kids in case you can't find a list for older kids:

Masterson, J., Druks, J., & Gallienne, D. (2008). Object and action picture
naming in 3-
to 5-year-old children. Journal of Child Language, 35, 373-402.

Best Roberta

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Becker, Misha K <mbecker at email.unc.edu>wrote:

> A colleague of mine is looking for a list of unambiguously transitive
> verbs that would be known by 8-year-old (American) English-speakers. Does
> anyone know where I/he could find such a list?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Misha
> --
>
> Misha Becker
> Associate Professor
> UNC Linguistics Department
> 301 Smith Building, CB#3155
> Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3155
> mbecker at email.unc.edu

Roberta Michnick Golinkoff, Ph. D.
H. Rodney Sharp Professor
School of Education and Departments of Psychology and Linguistics and
Cognitive Science
University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716
Office: 302-831-1634; Fax: 302-831-4110
Web page: http://udel.edu/~roberta/
Author of "A Mandate for Playful Learning in Preschool: Presenting the
Evidence" (Oxford)
    http://www.mandateforplayfullearning.com/
Please check out our doctoral program at
http://www.udel.edu/education/graduate/index.html
The late Mary Dunn said, "Life is the time we have to learn."