request to circulate invitation to the study on age of acquisition of words /COST IS0804 Bi-SLI network

Ewa Haman meh at psych.uw.edu.pl
Fri May 4 19:03:38 UTC 2012

Dear All,
I would be very grateful if you could circulate the invitation to take
part in the on-line study on age of acquisition of words (nouns and
verbs) among potential participants, native speakers of one of the
following languages:
| Afrikaans| لهجات لبنان| Ελληνικά | British English| South African
English| español| Gaeilge| עִבְרִית| Lëtzebuergesch| l'italiano|
lietuvių| polski| slovenčina| srpski| suomi| Türkçe|
I copy a sample invitation letter (in English) below.
Regards,
Ewa Haman

Dear All,
We invite you to participate in a study on age of acquisition of words
in your native language.
Detailed information about the study can be found at:

www.words-psych.org

We are looking for adult native speakers of  Afrikaans, لهجات لبنان,
Ελληνικά, British English, South African English, español, Gaeilge,
עִבְרִית, Lëtzebuergesch, l'italiano, lietuvių, polski, slovenčina,
srpski, suomi, Türkçe, who would be willing to spend about half an
hour (or a bit more) answering the simple question when they have
learned certain words. To take part in the study you should open the
page www.words-psych.org, download the file with the tables to be
filled by you and send the filled file back via the webpage or by e-
mail (words at psych.uw.edu.pl). Detailed instructions are given on the
page and in the file.

This study is conducted within the European Cooperation Program  COST
IS0804 Bi-SLI (www.bi-sli.org). We are planning to conduct it in more
than 25 languages.

This study will enable us to construct the tasks assessing how many
words children learning these languages know.
The study is anonymous. Only participants who would like to get a
certificate of attendance will be asked to provide an e-mail to which
the certificate could be sent.

Thank you very much for your help. If you know other people who
potentially could be interested in taking part in this study, please
forward this message to them.
COST IS0804 WG3 team