databases with sibling information?

J.Alexander dukeje at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 03:22:55 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm currently mentoring an undergraduate student who is interested in the
role of older siblings in early language development. I typically work with
adults, so the CHILDES databases seemed like a potential way to help her
get some experience working with child language data given limited time and
resources. I'm new to using the CHILDES databases, so I may have overlooked
this information, but is family/demographic information easily available
for any of the children in the larger sample databases (such as the New
England, Rollins, Davis, or HSLLD)?

Thanks for your help,
Jessica Alexander

Assistant Professor of Psychology