databases with sibling information?

J.Alexander dukeje at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 13:59:21 UTC 2012

Brian,

Thanks so much. Those are very helpful solutions. Our ultimate goal was to
find a corpus where we could compare children with older siblings to those
without on a number of different measures (sentence complexity, unique
words used, etc) rather than looking at sibling interactions themselves.
I'll poke around in the file headers and see what I can find.

I assumed we'd eventually have to tweak the research question as we saw
what information was available. It's a student's senior thesis, so while
we're limited on time and resources, we do have a great deal of flexibility
in the ultimate research question.  It would be possible for my student to
collect a small dataset of CDI responses for only children and those with
transcriptions of utterances as well as the CDI.

Thanks again for your help,
Jessica