using words or trials as subjects

Robin Campbell r.n.campbell at stir.ac.uk
Wed Oct 31 20:50:30 UTC 2012

Robin N Campbell
Psychology, Stirling
r.n.campbell at stir.ac.uk
From: info-childes at googlegroups.com [info-childes at googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Margaret Friend [mfriend at sciences.sdsu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:44 PM
To: info-childes at googlegroups.com
Subject: using words or trials as subjects

Dear All,

I am looking for a paper and I'm not sure where to begin.  We have a study with a small sample but many, many trials.  We would like to organize our data by trial (rather than subject) as this gives us much greater power and also allows us to ask about relations within the data on a trial by trial basis.  I seem to recall an older paper on doing something like this:  transposing data to treat words as subjects.

Does anyone remember this paper and, if so, would you please send me the citation?

Thanks in advance,
Maggie

--
Margaret Friend, Ph.D.
Associate Professor

The University of Stirling is ranked in the top 50 in the world in The Times Higher Education 100 Under 50 table, which ranks the world's best 100 universities under 50 years old.
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,
 number SC 011159.