verbal working memory and sentence comprehension

Evan Kidd evan.kidd at anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 12 01:55:26 UTC 2012

Dear List members,

I am currently reviewing the literature on the role of verbal working memory
in sentence comprehension. By 'verbal working memory' I mean that part of
memory typically measured by span tasks, such as Gaulin & Campbell (1994) or
digit-span (so not phonological short-term memory).  I think I have most of
the literature covered, but it feels like a rather small category, so I'd be
grateful for any suggestions. All types of populations (e.g., typically
developing, SLI, poor comprehenders) and methods of comprehension (e.g.,
offline, online) accepted.

Thanks in advance,

Evan

Dr Evan Kidd

Senior Lecturer

Research School of Psychology (Building 39)

The Australian National University

Canberra ACT 0200

AUSTRALIA

Ph: +61 (0) 2 612 52147