IASCL Child Language Bulletin: Aug 2013 issue

IASCL Child Language Bulletin Editor editor.iascl.clbulletin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 03:08:55 UTC 2013

Dear IASCL members,

I am pleased to announce that the Aug 2013 issue of our IASCL Child
Language Bulletin is now online at

http://www.iascl.org/bulletins/bulletinV33N1.html

This issue features

(i)                     some preliminary information about the 13th
International Congress for the Study of Child Language (IASCL 2014) by the
conference organizers Anne Baker, Steven Gillis, Jan de Jong and Frank
Wijnen

(ii)                   a call for the nomination of IASCL Officers by chair
of the IASCL Nominating Committee Virginia Mueller Gathercole

(iii)                 a report on the 2nd Workshop on the Development of
Prosody and Intonation by Sonia Frota

(iv)                 a report on the IVth CLASTA Conference by Maria Chiara
Levorato

(v)                   a report on the Final Meeting of COST Action IS0804
“Language Impairment in a Multilingual Society: Linguistic Patterns and the
Road to Assessment” by Barbara Zurer Pearson

(vi)                 a report on the New Developments in CHILDES by Brian
MacWhinney

(vii)               a report on PhonBank and Phon Development by Yvan Rose,
Gregory Hedlund and Brian MacWhinney

(viii)             an announcement about speechBITE which describes a free
evidence based practice internet resource for speech language pathologists
by Leanne Togher and her team

(ix)                 an announcement about a new Journal on *Language
Acquisition: Language, Interaction & Acquisition* by Maya Hickmann

(x)                   an update from *Journal of Child Language* by Heike
Behrens and Melissa Good (see ‘Further Announcements’)

(xi)                 an announcement about a New Linguistic Assessment for
Mandarin-Speaking Children by Jill de Villiers (see ‘Further Announcements’)

(xii)           an announcement about a new Journal: *Journal of Science
Language Acquisition and Development* by Huseyin Uysal (see ‘Further
Announcements’)

* *

in addition to announcements about forthcoming conferences and workshops,
conference and workshop calls, books, completed PhD theses, etc.

There is also a downloadable PDF version of the bulletin, in addition to
the usual online version. The download link is just below the title:

http://www.iascl.org/bulletins/bulletinV33N1.html

I hope you enjoy our Bulletin. Special thanks to our IASCL members who had
contributed to this issue.

Have a wonderful summer,

Angel Chan

Editor