fun things kids say as first class attention grabbers

Nan Bernstein Ratner nratner at umd.edu
Wed Aug 28 13:30:34 UTC 2013

My son, who was later diagnosed with SLI and who was a late talker, had trouble with "Behave" also; it was definitely a tip-off in terms of his problems analyzing constructions (others in the family have SLI, which is familial); his response was typically, "I am have" or "I am having", pronounced with the long vowel.

Nan Bernstein Ratner, Professor and Chairman
Fellow, ASHA
Department of Hearing and Speech Sciences
0100 Lefrak Hall
University of Maryland, College Park
College Park, MD 20742
301-405-4213, 301-405-4217
Fax: 301-314-2023
http://hesp.umd.edu/facultyprofile/Bernstein%20Ratner/Nan
Affiliated faculty:
Language Sciences,
Developmental Science Field Committee
Neuroscience and Cognitive Neuroscience Program (NACS)