1979 article

Denis Donovan dmdonovan1937 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 23:36:09 UTC 2013

Caroline, you are a sweetheart!

Thank you so much for the article. As things come together, I'll let you know what it's all about. David Bellinger himself couldn't provide me with a copy. It had been so long and he had made a huge professional change.

It seems that you may be a francophone, judging by this article:

Bowen, C. (2000). PACT: Collaboration avec les familles et les enseignants rééducation phonologique. Rééducation Orthophonique, 203, Septembre, 11-17.

I've attached a little interview I did for our French publisher. If you're interested in reading the book, I'll be happy to send you a pdf -- just specify French or English. Or, as Richard Feynman replied when the dean's wife at Princeton asked him whether he wished cream or lemon for his tea, "both."

Finally, I note you love of music. I devote a chapter to music in a book I've been working on since I finished our last one -- "Meaning Hunger." In it, among other things, I show not only why the newborn brain, while able to instantly recognize, remember and enjoy again a Mozart sonata several month later, neither remembers nor desires to hear again a Boulez piano sonata. And it's all completely testable experimentally.

Again, many, many thanks,

Denis