Seeking applicants for Masters program (apologies for earlier typo)

walesgin walesgin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 19:04:03 UTC 2013

The Linguistics Program at Florida International University, the State
university of Florida in Miami, has openings for applicants for the Masters
degree beginning Fall, 2013.  We are seeking highly motivated students who
wish to pursue a rigorous program in a multilingual, multi-ethnic
metropolitan area. There are over 65 different languages spoken locally,
with Spanish and Haitian Creole among the most widely studied of these.

We offer a two-year program in which students take required courses in the
core areas of Linguistics and electives in a wide range of sub-disciplines,
including applied areas such as language acquisition in children and in
adults, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, language disorders, and
discourse analysis, as well as theoretical areas.

Application forms are obtainable at the following link (if needed, please
paste this into your browser address window):

https://pslinks.fiu.edu/psc/cslinks/EMPLOYEE/CAMP/c/OAA_ONLINE_APPLICATION.OAA_SIGNON_COMP.GBL?Page=OAA_APPLICATION01&Action=U&TEMPLATE_ID=FIU_GRAD

For further information about the Linguistics Program, please see:

 http://english.fiu.edu/linguistics/linguistics/ma-in-linguistics
orcontact Ms. Samantha Syms at
ssyms at fiu.edu.

Virginia C. Mueller Gathercole