MLU for languages with complex morphology

Donna Jackson djacksonqro at gmail.com
Mon May 20 18:14:26 UTC 2013

Barbara Conboy and I have an article: Jackson-Maldonado, D. y Conboy, B.
Utterance length measures for Spanish-speaking toddlers: the morpheme vs
word issue revisited. En J.G. Centeno, L.K. Obler y R. Anderson (Eds) *Studying
Communication Disorders in Spanish Speakers: Theoretical, research &
clinical aspects*. Multilingual Matters: North Somerset, England
Donna Jackson-Maldonado

2013/5/20 Alcock, Katie <k.j.alcock at lancaster.ac.uk>

>  I know it’s generally recommended to count MLU in words for languages
> with complex morphology but I am drawing a blank on the reasons for this,
> arguments for and against, and sources for this recommendation. So, as I’m
> lazy, I thought I’d ask info-childes to apply their multiple brains to this
> questions, rather than just my one brain.****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks all****
>
> ** **