Toddler CDI data from the UK

Alcock, Katie k.j.alcock at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Nov 25 11:28:03 UTC 2013

Dear colleagues

We (Caroline Rowland at the University of Liverpool and Kerstin Meints at the University of Lincoln, and I) are in process of standardising the a UK version of the MB-CDI (Words and Gestures).  We are thinking ahead to work on the Words and Sentences version.

We have already collected some data which colleagues kindly contributed for the appropriate age group for Words and Sentences but we are hoping that some people may have more data they'd be able to share with us.

If you have any VOCABULARY data that you don't think we have, collected in the UK using a version of the CDI (whether that was a version adapted for the UK or not), on toddlers aged 16 to about 39 months, we'd love to be able to use your data. It needs to be at the word level. It doesn't need to have the questions about whether the child "understands" a word, just about whether the child "says" a word (but, for this purpose, it's OK if it does have the "understands" question).

We'd also love to hear from anyone who has data they may be able to share on the grammar/phrases/question section of a CDI for this age range, again collected in the UK. If you only used a few grammar questions, we'd still love to look at your data - whether or not you used a CDI that was adapted for the UK.

If you have data you'd like to share, we can talk about how this would work (we have made a variety of arrangements for sharing W&G age-range data).

Thanks very much

Katie Alcock

Katie Alcock, DPhil, CPsychol
Lecturer