Fwd: [DIVISION] POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT -- Assistant Professor in Mathematics Education, University of Delaware

Roberta Golinkoff Roberta at udel.edu
Mon Oct 7 08:23:07 UTC 2013

*Please share! *We are looking for someone at the University of Delaware
who can work in the area of Math Education!
Thanks!
Roberta Golinkoff

*Assistant Professor in Mathematics Education
*
* School of Education*
* University of Delaware*

The Mathematics Education specialization area in the School of Education at
the University of Delaware (http://www.education.udel.edu/) seeks an
ambitious and creative colleague with broad interests in improving
education to fill a new tenure-track Assistant Professor position,
available September 1, 2014. We are internationally known for our research
in learning, teaching, and teacher education, and we received a recent
American Educational Research Association-sponsored award for excellence in
teacher preparation.

A doctorate in Mathematics Education or a related field, such as the
Learning Sciences, Educational or Developmental Psychology, is required.
Preference will be given to candidates with a strong and innovative
research program, current funding or potential for obtaining external
funding, a strong mathematics background, and teaching experience.
 Responsibilities include sustaining a ground-breaking and vigorous
research program in mathematics learning or teaching, supervising doctoral
research, and teaching effectively in the undergraduate and graduate
programs. Teaching responsibilities include graduate courses in mathematics
learning and teaching and undergraduate courses in mathematics and
mathematics methods for elementary and middle school education majors.

Housed on a beautiful campus enriched by enviable research and
instructional resources, the University of Delaware is one of the oldest
institutions of higher education in the country.  We are a privately
endowed land-grant, sea-grant, space-grant, and urban-grant institution
that receives public support. The University is located in Newark, a town
of about 30,000, situated midway between Philadelphia and Baltimore. Newark
and Wilmington, Delaware, host many performing arts and cultural venues.

The University of Delaware boasts a supportive and innovative environment
for excellent research. The comparatively small (50 tenure-track faculty
members) but dynamic School of Education was ranked 37th among 1200
graduate schools of education in the 2013 U.S. News and World Report
rankings. Faculty pursue a variety of research agendas funded by the
National Science Foundation, the Institute of Education Sciences, the
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, state agencies,
and private foundations.

Applications received by November 15, 2013 will receive first
consideration. Applications should include a letter describing the
candidate’s research interests, teaching experience, and mathematics
background; a curriculum vitae; and three letters of reference addressing
qualifications relevant for the position. The curriculum vitae and
application materials will be shared with School faculty. Submit curriculum
vitae and letter of interest online at www.udel.edu/udjobs. Ask letters of
reference to be sent electronically to Joanne FitzPatrick (jofitz at udel.edu).
Direct questions to James Hiebert, Search Committee Chair, hiebert at udel.edu.

The University and the College are committed to creating an educational
community that is intellectually, ethnically, culturally, and socially
diverse enriched by the contributions and full participation of persons
from many different backgrounds.

Deadline: 11/15/2013. Applications will be considered until the position is
filled.

-----

View this and other job posts on APA Division 7's website at
http://www.apadivisions.org/division-7/

Automatically created and sent from the Div7Online--Job Post Request website

--
Roberta Michnick Golinkoff, Ph. D.
Unidel H. Rodney Sharp Professor