CLS2013/2015

Ludovica Serratrice Serratrice at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Oct 17 13:51:04 UTC 2013

Dear all,

Thank you all for your role in making the Child Language Seminar 2013 such
a stimulating, enjoyable and interesting conference.

We would like to thank delegates for their feedback and suggestions
regarding changing the name of the Child Language Seminar. Overall,
delegates agreed that the term ‘seminar’ did not reflect the importance and
impact of the event. We are therefore proposing to change the name to the
‘Child Language Symposium’ which we hope is a more appropriate name for the
event and allows us to keep the familiar acronym ‘CLS’.

The next ‘Child Language Symposium’ will take place in 2015. The Language
Development and Disorders research group at the University of Manchester
are very happy to organise and host CLS once again in 2015. However, in the
interest of democracy we are emailing to ask if any other Universities were
hoping to organising it instead. As planning for 2015 will need to begin
fairly soon, please email us (via Jenny Freed Jenny.Freed at Manchester.ac.uk<https://outlook.manchester.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=wTwUU-YGFUSJLIBKVCvWWuJgwqG3ntAIdZJogKB1UWkgZQmtV_hxWO8ekD__9ZlqjmD7hchlbgY.&URL=mailto%3aJenny.Freed%40Manchester.ac.uk>)
by Friday 8th November if you wish to express an interest in hosting the
next conference.

Best wishes

Jenny Freed, Catherine Adams and Elena Lieven, on behalf of the 2013 Child
Language Seminar organising committee