Weekly Radio program on www.taynoradio on Wednesday between 8 and 9pm (NY Time), repeated Thursday between 2 and 3pm (NY Time)

Isa Barriere barriere.isa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 01:22:51 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues

Just to let you know that every week I will be broadcasting a radio program
on 'Languages, Cultures & Education' /'Langues, Cultures & Education'.  The
first half an hour is in English and the 2nd half an hour is the same
content in French.

You can access it from anywhere on the web: http://www.taynoradio.com/

And from the US- telephone: 712 432 4348

Please feel free to share this information with others who may be
interested.

Thank you,

Isabelle Barriere, PhD
https://brooklyn-cuny.academia.edu/IBarriere
http://www.cjh.org/videoplayer.php?vfile=10142013YIVOKADARLECTURE.mp4
www.yeled.org/res.asp
"Every language is an old-growth forest of the mind, a watershed of
thought, an ecosystem of spiritual possibilities.  Of the 6,000 languages
spoken today, fully half are not being taught to children.  Every two weeks
an elder dies and carries into the grave the last syllables of an ancient
tongue.  Within a generation or two we are losing half of humanity's
social, cultural and intellectual legacy." Dr Wade Davis National
Geographic Explorer-in-residence

Isabelle Barriere, PhD

As of September 1st: Associate Professor
Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders
Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY
&
Research Associate,
Research Institute for the Study of Language in Urban Society
Department of Linguistics
City University of New York Graduate Center
&
Director of Policy for Research & Education
& Co-Director of Research Institute
www.yeled.org/res.asp
Yeled v'Yalda Early Childhood Center
6012 Farragut Road