UD Infant Language Project & Shape Up! Lab Summer Internship

Katherine Ridge kridge at udel.edu
Tue Jan 21 15:53:14 UTC 2014

*INFANT LANGUAGE PROJECT and SHAPE UP! LAB*

*DR. ROBERTA GOLINKOFF*

*Comprehensive Summer 2014 Internship Program*

The Infant Language Project and Shape Up! Lab under the direction of Dr.
Roberta Golinkoff invites graduating seniors and undergraduate students to
apply for our unpaid summer internship program. This highly competitive
program is a great opportunity for students to gain intensive research
experience. Successful candidates will work with our collaborative team of
graduate and undergraduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and research
coordinators to develop studies, collect and analyze data and create
scientific manuscripts for publication. In the past, exceptional interns
have joined us as authors on our paper presentations at national
conferences. This long-standing program is designed to prepare dedicated
and academically talented students for graduate study.

*Research focus*

Our primary foci are language acquisition, early mathematical and spatial
concepts, and the benefits of playful learning.

*Requirements*

Background in psychology or a related field.

Basic computer skills.

A letter of recommendation from one of your professors or prior research
supervisor.

Must be able to commit at least 20-30 hours/week for 8 weeks between June
and August.

*To Apply*

Complete and send the attached application form along with your CV,
unofficial college or university transcript, and letter of recommendation
to the Laboratory Coordinator, Katherine Ridge (kridge at udel.edu), no later
than *May 1, 2014. *We will review applications on a rolling basis.

*Questions?*

Please contact Katherine Ridge, Laboratory Coordinator at (302) 831-2073 or
kridge at udel.edu <sujeetr at udel.edu>.

Visit Dr. Golinkoff’s website at http://udel.edu/~roberta/

Visit our website at http://www.udel.edu/ILP
--