Question about data for Colombian Spanish and Lara, G=?UTF-8?Q?=C3=B3mez=2C_G=C3=A1lvez=2C_?=Mesa and Serrat 2011.

mblume mblume at pucp.pe
Mon Jun 2 18:07:27 UTC 2014

Dear Collegues:

I have been looking at different versions of the MacArthur-Bates
Communicative Development Inventories for Spanish.

I read in the following article

María Fernanda Lara Díaz, Ángela María Gómez Fonseca, Diana Marcela Gálvez
Bohórquez, Carol Mesa Guechá, and Elisabet Serrat Sellabona. (2011)
Normativización del inventario del desarrollo comunicativo MacArthur-Bates
al español, Colombia. *Revista Latinoamericana de Psicología*, vol. 43,
num. 2, pp. 241-254.

that the authors used for the design of the questionnaire a dictionary of
lexical frequency of children from Bogotá by analyzing samples of 60
children from 8 to 36 months using CLAN and CHILDES (I am paraphrasing and
translating here, but the text appears under "Procedimiento" (Procedure) at
the bottom of the left-hand column on p. 245 and includes most of that same
paragraph which ends on the upper-most right-hand colum of the same page)

Howevwer, I browsed both the Database Manuals for Romance Languages and the
browsable databases (both Spanish and Spanish-MOR) and I found transcripts
for Mexican, Peninsular, and Venezuelan Spanish but no database fr
Colombian Spanish.

Could you please let me know if such database exists or existed at some
point in CHILDES? Hopefully the authors will read this and let me know if I
am misunderstanding something.

Thanks

María