Repetitions in child production

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Fri Jun 6 07:32:32 UTC 2014

Dear Diane,
    As noted by Natasha Rakhlin, repetitions are typically excluded from MLU.  This is done automatically and by default in the CLAN MLU program, using the marking of repetitions with the <text> [/] and <text> [//] symbols.  There is also a program called REPEAT that can add these marks if they are not present, but it is safer to do this carefully when transcribing.

-- Brian MacWhinney