English V-schwa alternations in children's speech

Lise Menn lise.menn at Colorado.EDU
Thu Jun 26 19:08:56 UTC 2014

I observed two of them in my older son - have probably mentioned them in print somewhere? - 'thesis' as /ˈθisʌs/ and 'raisins' as /ˈrɛɪzʌnz/, both with very clear low vowels, not schwas, in the second syllable; also, incorrectly undoing the d/t neutralization to flap, he said 'recorder' as /riˈkɔrtr/ at about this time.
Lise Menn