DELV for use with Jamaican Creole speakers

Kathleen Peets kpeets at ryerson.ca
Mon Mar 3 21:02:58 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I have a question about using the *Diagnostic Evaluation of Language
Variation* among speakers of Jamaican English or Jamaican Creole. I know
that the test was originally designed to identify language disorders among
speakers of non-standard English, in particular AAE. Has anyone used this
measure outside of this population or outside of the U.S.?

We would be primarily interested in the screening tool which would identify
dialect or degree of dialect. Alternate ideas for this population are also
much appreciated.

Best,
Kathleen

--