IASCL Child Language Bulletin: late Aug 2014 issue

IASCL Child Language Bulletin Editor editor.iascl.clbulletin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 10:18:00 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I am pleased to announce that the Aug 2014 issue of our IASCL Child
Language Bulletin is now online at

*http://www.iascl.org/bulletins/bulletinV34N1.html*
<http://www.iascl.org/bulletins/bulletinV34N1.html>

This issue features:

(i) a report on the 13th International Congress for the Study of Child
Language (IASCL 2014), by our IASCL president Anne Baker (also chair of the
conference organizing committee) and Jan de Jong, Steven Gillis, Frank
Wijnen and Akke de Blauw (conference organizers)

(ii) an announcement on the number of IASCL conference papers and
contributors from 1981 to 2014, by Virginia Valian and Brian MacWhinney

(iii) an update on new PhonBank corpora and upcoming release of Phon 2.0,
by Yvan Rose, Gregory Hedlund, and Brian MacWhinney

(iv) an update from Journal of Child Language by Melissa Good and Heike
Behrens

(v) an announcement about the international recognition of TALKBANK/CHILDES
in the context of CLARIN and DSA, by Brian MacWhinney

(vi) an announcement about the Child Language Symposium 2015 and Gesture in
Language Development Workshop, by Katherine Messenger

(vii) an announcement about the International Conference on Sign Language
Acquisition (ICSLA2015), by Anne Baker

(viii) an announcement about the Workshop on Infant Language Development by
Iris-Corinna Schwarz



(ix) an announcement about a new book on Language in Interaction in honour
of Eve Clark our past IASCL president, by Inbal Arnon

(x) a call for submissions for a special issue on Age of Acquisition
Effects in Child Language in Journal of Child Language, by Heike Behrens
(see ‘Further Announcements’)

(xi) an announcement about a CDI data aggregation project (called
‘Wordbank’)

by Michael Frank (see ‘Further Announcements’)

(xii) a call for submissions for a special issue on First Language
Acquisition in Indigenous Contexts in First Language, by Evan Kidd (see
‘Further Announcements’)

(xiii) an announcement about the CHILDES server recorded hit number two
million in March 2014, by Brian MacWhinney (see ‘Further Announcements’)

(xiv) a reminder about the importance of citing sources when using data
from CHILDES, by Brian MacWhinney (see ‘Further Announcements’)

(xv) a spreadsheet that compiles information on CHILDES longitudinal
corpora for English-speaking children by Virginia Valian (see ‘Further
Announcements’)

in addition to announcements about forthcoming conferences and workshops,
conference and workshop calls, books, completed PhD theses.

There is also a downloadable PDF version of the bulletin, in addition to
the usual online version. The download link is just below the title:

*http://www.iascl.org/bulletins/bulletinV34N1.html*
<http://www.iascl.org/bulletins/bulletinV34N1.html>

I hope you enjoy our Bulletin. Special thanks to our IASCL members who had
contributed to this issue.

Best Regards

Angel Chan

Editor