Petici óno de in formación: creació n de un corpus de l español en los m edios d e comunica ción mundiales (Ar gentina, Chile, C uba, Ecuador, Méxi co y España)

Carlos Subirats carlos.subirats at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 5 23:21:56 UTC 2006

--------------------------   INFOLING   ------------------------------
 Lista de distribución de lingüística del español (ISSN: 1576-3404)
                  http://elies.rediris.es/infoling/
    Envío de información: infoling-request at listserv.rediris.es
                             EDITORES:
       Carlos Subirats Rüggeberg, UAB <carlos.subirats at uab.es>
           Mar Cruz Piñol, U. Barcelona <mcruz at ub.edu>
   Eulalia de Bobes Soler, U. Abat Oliba-CEU <debobes1 at uao.es>
 Equipo de edición: http://elies.rediris.es/infoling/editores.html
Estudios de Lingüística del Español (ELiEs): http://elies.rediris.es
es una red temática de lingüística del español asociada a INFOLING.
                       © Copyright Infoling

Petición de información:
Creación de un corpus del español en los medios de comunicación
mundiales: Argentine, Chile, Cuba, Ecuador, Mexico, and Spain.
(Discourse in Spanish-Speaking-World Media)
Información de: Gonzalo Martínez Camino <gonzalo.martinezunican.es>
disitribuida por Linguist List:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/17/17-679.html#2

Dear Colleagues:

My name is Gonzalo Martínez Camino. I am a Professor at
Universidad de Cantabria (Spain). Currently, I am working with
a group of linguists from different Spanish universities on
the language that is used in the media in the Spanish speaking
world. We are just starting with this project and we want,
first of all, to build up our corpus. In order to do that, we
have chosen six countries: Argentine, Chile, Cuba, Ecuador,
Mexico, and Spain. We would like to collect the following
types of materials:

1) Talk shows where young people appear talking freely and spontaneously.

2) Talk shows where SMS messages are used.

3) TV and radio advertising (primetime).

4) Magazines for young people.

5) Newspapers and other publications that are distributed to the
university community without charge

6) Newspapers (quality and popular press)

7) Classified ads that appear in any of the types of publications cited above.

I would appreciate it very much if someone could tell me how I can
collect these materials during the second half of May in the above
mentioned five Latin American countries.

Thank you very much.

Gonzalo Martínez Camino
Departamento de Filología
Universidad de Cantabria