'Corpus Escrito Del Espa ñol L2' (CEDEL2)

INFOLING mcruz at UB.EDU
Mon Apr 2 16:52:33 UTC 2007

--------------------      INFOLING        --------------------------
Lista de distribución de lingüí­stica del español (ISSN: 1576-3404)
http://elies.rediris.es/infoling/
Enví­o de información: infoling-request at listserv.rediris.es
EDITORES:
Carlos Subirats Rüggeberg, UAB <carlos.subirats at uab.es>
Mar Cruz Piñol, U. Barcelona <mcruz at ub.edu>
Eulalia de Bobes Soler, U. Abat Oliba-CEU <debobes1 at uao.es>
Equipo de edición: http://elies.rediris.es/infoling/editores.html
Estudios de Lingüí­stica del Español (ELiEs): http://elies.rediris.es
es una red temática de lingüística del español asociada a INFOLING.

© Infoling Barcelona (España), 2006. Reservados todos los derechos

Participate in 'Corpus Escrito Del Español L2'
Información procedente de LinguisList

What's 'CEDEL2'?
- CEDEL2 (Corpus Escrito del Español L2) is a research project at the
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid and the Universidad de Granada (Spain).
- We are investigating how English-speaking people learn Spanish.

Who Can Participate?
- Learners of Spanish who have English as their mother tongue: any level
(beginner, intermediate, advanced).
- Native speakers of Spanish.

How Can You Participate?
- You are requested to fill in three online and anonymous forms about
Spanish language at:
http://www.uam.es/woslac/start.htm

WHAT CAN YOU GET FROM IT?
--------------------------
- Learners: you will be emailed the Spanish grammar test results, so you
can know your level of Spanish grammar.
- We will send you by post a printed certificate (stamped by the
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid) stating that you have participated in our
project.

WHO HAS ALREADY PARTICIPATED?
-----------------------------
So far, we have received data from different institutions all over the
world, e.g.,:
- USA: Georgia State University, University of Wisconsin at Madison, Boston
University, Skidmore Collegue, Rutgers University, George Washington
University.
- UK: Open University, Cambridge University UK, Essex University,
University of Hertfordshire, St Paul's School London, King's College London.
- SPAIN: Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, St Louis University at Madrid,
Fundacion Ortega y Gasset at Madrid and Toledo, Escuela Oficial de Idiomas,
Universidad de Cantabria.

REMEMBER:
---------
- This is NOT an exam.
- You will NOT be assessed.
- We are simply interested in your SPONTANEOUS written Spanish language.
- All information is ANONYMOUS and CONFIDENTIAL.

PARTICIPATE in CEDEL2 now: http://www.uam.es/woslac/start.htm

National Geographic WorldTalk Endangered Languages
De: Linguist List http://linguistlist.org/issues/18/18-187.html

National Geographic World Talk host Patty Kim interviews K. David Harrison of Swarthmore College, discussing language extinction, global language diversity, and why we should care. In the interview, David talks about his work on documenting endangered languages in Siberia. He discusses how knowledge is packaged in languages and how traditional cultural knowledge represents the accumulation over many centuries of human observations of nature. As languages die, the human knowledge base erodes.

The podcast may be downloaded at:
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/podcasts/worldtalk.html
Or via free subscription to National Geographic World Talk in i-tunes.