Oferta de beca: Spanish & General Linguistics: PhD Student, U. of Illinois at Chicago, USA

Eulalia de Bobes - Infoling debobes1 at UAO.ES
Fri Nov 23 08:59:00 UTC 2007

-------------------          INFOLING          --------------------
Enví­o de información: infoling-request at listserv.rediris.es
EDITORES:
Carlos Subirats Rüggeberg, UAB <carlos.subirats at uab.es>
Mar Cruz Piñol, U. Barcelona <mcruz at ub.edu>
Eulalia de Bobes Soler, U. Abat Oliba-CEU <debobes1 at uao.es>
Equipo de edición: http://elies.rediris.es/infoling/editores.html
Estudios de Lingüí­stica del Español (ELiEs): http://elies.rediris.es
es una red temática de lingüística del español asociada a INFOLING.
 © Infoling, Barcelona (España) 1998-2007. Reservados todos los derechos

Oferta de beca:
English; Spanish & Computational Linguistics: Scientist
Eliza Corporation, Beverly, MA, USA

Información de Richard Cameron <rcameron at uic.edu>
distribuida por The Linguist List: http://linguistlist.org/

Institution/Organization: University of Illinois at Chicago
Department: Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese
Web Address: http://www.uic.edu/depts/sfip
Level: PhD
Duties: Research,Teaching
Job Rank: PhD
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

MA and PhD in Hispanic Linguistics
The MA and PhD programs in Hispanic Linguistics at the University
of Illinois at Chicago are accepting applications for new
students until January 1st, of 2008 for the starting date of Fall
2008. We are pleased to announce that we will have approximately
10 Teaching Assistantships and a more limited number of full
fellowships for qualified students. TAships and fellowships pay
for registration fees and provide a modest stipend.

Our MA and PhD programs in linguistics allow students to focus on
sociolinguistics and second language acquisition as well as the
formal study of phonology, syntax and semantics. A particular
focus of research among our faculty and graduate students is
bilingualism, which is approached from the points of view of
sociolinguistics, language development and formal grammar.

For further information about the programs, faculty and the
application process, please check the link above. For
administrative questions, you can contact Rocío García
(mexotic at uic.edu) and for academic questions you can contact Luis
López.

Applications Deadline: 01-Jan-2008

Mailing Address for Applications:
    Attn: Dr. Luis López
    Department of Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese
    1712 University Hall
    601 South Morgan
    University of Illinois at Chicago
    Chicago IL 60607
    USA

Contact Information:
    Dr. Luis López
    <luislope at uic.edu>

La edición del mes de septiembre de 2006 de "Unidad en la diversidad. Portal informativo sobre la lengua castellana" publica la historia de Infoling durante sus primeros diez años de existencia:
http://www.unidadenladiversidad.com/opinion/opinion_ant/2006/sep_oct_06/sep_oct_06.htm
Web de "Unidad y diversidad": http://www.unidadenladiversidad.com
Sumario del último volumen de "Unidad y diversidad":
http://www.unidadenladiversidad.com/sumario.htm