asking opinion

Matthew Walsh mattandyukari2002 at YAHOO.CO.JP
Wed Oct 22 09:39:09 UTC 2008

   Firstly I'd want to examine the proposition that Japanese grammar
is comparatively more complicated, or that learning the language is
harder for English NSs than natives of other languages.  However, in
looking for contrastive areas of difficulty, I've wondered about
typologies and if English's grammatical word order along with its
subject prominence, opposed to Japanese's pragmatic word order along
with its topic prominence doesn't create difficulties. Also of course
teasing out which forms do which functions since the languages seem
to not transliterate very well at times.

my two cents

On Oct 22, 2008, at 5:48 PM, Bagus Basuki wrote:

> do you think learning japanese for english speaking people is hard
> since japanese has very complicated grammar?

Sincerely,
   Matthew Walsh

******************************
Some quotes :
"Language learning is a process of gradual approximation."
"The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled." -
Plutarch
"Since wars begin in the mind, it is in  minds that peace must be
constructed.”-UNESCO Constituion
"Education, then, beyond all other devices of human origin is the
great equalizer of the conditions of men - the balance-wheel of the
social machinery. It does better than to disarm the poor of their
hostility toward the rich; it prevents being poor." --Horace Mann

My website: http://www.walshsensei.org