[Japanling] Special Issue of LL&T (Volume 27, Number 2) available

National Foreign Language Resource Center nflrc at hawaii.edu
Wed Feb 15 02:59:37 UTC 2023

Language Learning & Technology

Special Issue of Language Learning & Technology (Volume 27, Number 2)
available <https://www.lltjournal.org/collection/col_10125_104530/>

Aloha,

We are pleased to announce that our LL&T Special Issue on Semiotics in CALL
(Volume 27, Number 2) is now available in full at https://www.lltjournal.org.
It is guest edited by Liudmila Klimanova and Lara Lomicka.

*From the Editors: *

The diverse contributions to this special issue showcase a vast
epistemological breadth of topics and issues in the study of semiotics in
language learning and teaching. As CALL theory has shifted from a purely
structuralist approach towards a holistic and transdisciplinary view of
language acquisition (Chun et al., 2016; Kern, 2021), the articles in this
special issue shed light on learners’ ability to manipulate and interpret a
broad array of linguistic and non-linguistic sign systems. Additionally,
these articles navigate across culturally situated semiotic forms,
materials, and virtual social contexts. The diversity of thought and ideas
in this issue helps to move semiotics in CALL to the forefront as a more
prominent subfield with new categorizations and theorizations.

Please visit the LL&T website to read more and be sure to sign up to
receive your free subscription if you have not already done so. Also, we
welcome your contributions for future issues. If you have questions about
this process or wish to submit a manuscript, please check our guidelines
for submission at https://www.lltjournal.org/submission-guidelines/.

LL&T is supported by the Center for Language & Technology and the National
Foreign Language Resource Center (NFLRC) at the University of Hawai‘i.

*National Foreign Language Resource Center*
University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
1890 East-West Road, Moore Hall 256 (**new address**)
Honolulu, HI  96822
Phone: 808-956-9424
Fax: 808-956-5983
Email: nflrc at hawaii.edu