[language] the latest issue of IQLA

H.M. Hubey hubeyh at mail.montclair.edu
Wed Mar 27 00:50:33 UTC 2002

<><><><><><><><><><><><>--This is the Language List--<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I just received the latest issue of IQLA, and before I threw it out I decided to
peruse it, and there it is: a review of my book!

I read about half of it, and I see now that this book is certainly not going
to be taken as the equivalent of Feynman's Physics lectures. Feynman's books
are beautiful but probably used nowhere as physics text books.

It looks like linguists are even more ignorant and less capable than
I originally thought.

It has been eye-opening to read at least half the review.

I think I have to rewrite this book and make it 600 pages. Maybe then, the
connections will be seen.

Is there anyone here who read the book and wants to know the answers
to the questions brought out by the reviewers? I can kill two birds with
one stone; i can answer them here and thus create notes which I can
use to make the book thicker and more detailed.

I realize that in some places the writing is skimpy and I could have
written more, but many of the criticisms are simply unjustified. I can
show them here. It's too much for people who know so little math to
expect so much from a thin little paperback.

--

....Mark
hubeyh at mail.montclair.edu

Copyrights/"Fair Use":  http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html
The "fair use" exemption to copyright law was created to allow things
such as commentary, parody, news reporting, research and education
about copyrighted works without the permission of the author. That's
important so that copyright law doesn't block your freedom to express
your own works -- only the ability to express other people's.
Intent, and damage to the commercial value of the work are
important considerations.

You are currently subscribed to language as: language at listserv.linguistlist.org