[LAP] Reply: Resource Finding - Endangered Language

Muhammad Ali Khalid malikhalid.edu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 02:49:48 UTC 2020

Hello Shiza,
I forwarded your e-mail to many Sindhi friends, as far as I come to know
from local politicians and students of Mirpur Khas, they don’t have such
rules to disclose information regarding this language...
I will inbox the details soon.

Regards
Muhammad Ali Khalid- MAK
University of Potsdam, Germany

On Wed, 23 Dec 2020 at 9:32 PM, ridi121472 <ridi121472 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, Shiza it would be a pleasure for me to help you in this matter. I
> have a family from Mirpur Khas but due to some family rules and
> restrictions they won't be able to give you any information regarding your
> topic.
>

> Sent from vivo smartphone
>
> Hello,
>

> I was hoping you could help me trace some resources for an endangered
> language in Pakistan. My name is Shiza Wasi and I am undergraduate student
> of linguistics at the University of Alberta in Canada.
>
> The language is called, Bhaya, and it is reported to be spoken in Kapri
> Goth near Khipro Mirpur Khas (lower Sindh province).
>
> Currently in the Endangered Languages Project online, there is little to
> no resources, documentation or survey data regarding this language. I was
> hoping if you could help provide me with some resources for a research
> paper I am writing. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Thank you in advance,
>

> Shiza Wasi

*Very truly yours,*

 *Muhammad Ali Khalid (MAK)*
Master's-Student
Institut für Anglistik und Amerikanistik
Universität Potsdam, Germany