[Lexicog] new nosey word

Jan Ullrich jfu at CENTRUM.CZ
Sat Apr 10 11:09:18 UTC 2004

Preslav

> it. Looking phonetically, this is like sometimes read "r" as just "r" and
> sometimes as "r"+"*" (where "*" stands for the vowel in "but"). The same
> applies to "l".
>
> Finally, I think in Czech "r" as a vowel is read as "r"+"*" while

I am not a phonologist, but this doesn't sound correct for Czech.
As far as I can tell, in Czech words like "vlk" (wolf) and "krk" (throat)
the sonorants "r" and "l" are not really "followed" by any vowel sound.

Jan

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/HKE4lB/TM