[Lexicog] Creation of scientific terminology

Benjamin Barrett bjb5 at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Sun Apr 11 05:57:02 UTC 2004

Two other languages that come to mind are Anglo-Saxon (Old English) and
Latin. BB

-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin Barrett [mailto:bjb5 at u.washington.edu]
Sent: Saturday, 10 April 2004 12:13 PM

I don't know anything about the process, but Hawaiian underwent this
process. I'm not sure where my dictionary has gone to, so I can't check the
degree to which the vocabulary was modernized, but I recall at least words
for a variety of modern items.

I believe the Hawaiian vocabulary modernization has occurred since the
1970s.

HTH
Benjamin Barrett