[Lexicog] SPAM NOT ALLOWED: apply to 4,000 colleges in one stroke

lexicography2004 lexicography2004 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Apr 16 14:35:50 UTC 2004

List members, someone figured out how to sign up on this list and post the
preceding spam message. I will, of course, use the list software to prohibit
further postings from that person. We have an open sign-up system on this
list, so someone who is persistent can post spam, but, fortunately, this is
the only time this has happened. If any of you have ideas for preventing
sign-up from spammers, please email me off-list: lexicography2004 at yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Wayne Leman
List Facilitator