[Lexicog] A prototypical blessing

Wayne Leman wayne_leman at SIL.ORG
Wed Apr 21 19:22:05 UTC 2004

> From Fritz Goerling to Dirk Geerarts:
>
> Thank you very much for your article which you sent as an attachment to
the
> list instead of to me
> personally. You said "Sorry" to the list but maybe some found it as an
> enrichment to read it. I did.

Yes, I agree, Fritz, I'm actually glad that Dick missent his message, so I
could read over your shoulder!

> By the way:  What is a prototypical "blessing" in the cultures and
languages
> represented on this list?

I cannot think of any such verbal blessing for Cheyenne, but there is a
paralinguistic blessing, with hand motions waved over the body of the person
being blessed.

> Here is my attempt: It is an enrichment or empowerment.
>
>   Here it comes !

I couldn't find it!

Wayne Leman
Cheyenne project